Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Memory Monday (A Little Late): Mini-Family Reunion


My granddaughter and her second cousin

A MINI-FAMILY REUNION

I’m sorry that this blog post is a day late. Several things happened last weekend—Memorial Day holiday, my niece’s wedding, and a family reunion. And it was all wonderful. My siblings and I had not gotten together for over ten years. It was a time of great enjoyment where not only did we get to attend the wedding of my niece (who happened to be the flower girl in my daughter’s wedding thirteen years earlier), but we got to share lots of time talking and sharing memories of the past and dreams of the future.
Since we were all from out of town, we stayed at the same hotel. A niece (sister of the bride) and her family had already checked in when we got there. In fact, we pulled up right behind my brother and his wife, so we got to start visiting as soon as we got there. A little later, a sister arrived and the next morning my daughter and her family got in.
We shared meals, laughter, ideas, and that all-important connection of family that has been apart too long. One of the best things that happened was that my granddaughter was able to meet second cousins. Pictured above is my granddaughter with one of her second cousins, Ari (her father’s name spelled backward). They seemed to hit it off wonderfully.

I can’t wait for the next family reunion when we can again gather, share, and strengthen family bonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment