Monday, November 9, 2015

Memory Monday: Veteran's Day

My husband in 1972
THOSE WHO SERVED
As we approach Veterans Day, I wanted to share those in my family who served their country. 

My father with his parents during WWII
My father-in-law during WWII

Another uncle in WWII
My uncle - career military



My great grandfather during the Civil War


My husband's grandfather (on the right) during WWI



































Besides the picture above, my husband-through his genealogy research-has discovered the names of more of his family who have served in the military. In the American Revolution, 18 of his direct ancestors served, while another one served in the post-revolution period. During the War of 1812, 3 of his ancestors served, while 8 served during the Civil War. I haven’t researched my family history, so I’m not sure how many of my ancestors served, although I know not as many as his because my mother’s family were Mennonites and didn’t come to America until much later than my husband’s family. Still I’m so proud of all my family, and that includes in-laws-who have served.

No comments:

Post a Comment